PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TV Prog - Confessions of Steward
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2002, 14:22
max_cont

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And you did exactly what about this MOR?

I am assuming that because you did not discharge your duty to the state that issued your license, the travelling public, or the company that employed you, these incidents had your tacit approval. I also assume that you can supply the relevant authorities the flight details from your logbook.

I too flew none RNAV equipped aircraft and yes you are correct that some navigational error was tolerated. You had to be grossly off-track to be questioned.

I have also flown with ex military pilots, apart from being great fun during a slip; they’re every bit as professional as their civil counterparts. I’m sure there are good and not so good pilots from all backgrounds.

You seem to believe that this behaviour is rife throughout the industry. I disagree. I have never seen it, or been a party to it. But then in my experience all the crews I have operated with take their duties and responsibilities seriously. Perhaps since you believe this behaviour is normal, it’s endemic to your flights.

The other possibility that occurs to me is that since I AM a professional pilot and currently employed with a large UK charter airline and as I have already stated, I have never seen none qualified persons being allowed to fly the A/C; you may not be what or who you claim to be. To state on a public forum that you have wilfully and knowingly endangered an aircraft and its occupants on several occasions, does not seem something a professional pilot would do.