PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Grounded
Thread: Nimrod Grounded
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 10:30
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, seeking clarification here on the word that shall not be said, for fear of upsetting some Nimrod crews and engineers on the front line- ALARP.

I was pulled aside a few months ago and told that the risks on Nimrod at that time were considered to comply with the ALARP standard and that as of March 31 2009 a new standard would be complied with ALARP PLUS for want of a better description.

I read this thread and I am now wondering if that accurately refects the last few months. EDSett please put me out of my misery? I am only interested in the official party line, not what others, described as REMFS might consider to be ALARP. Specifically, do you on the front line think you have been flying/maintaining an ALARP aircraft for the last few months, or one that is moving towards the ALARP standard. If you don't care, then please don't bother replying to my question. The word, from on high and repeated by the Minister, backed up by Industry was that Nimrod was ALARP throughout this period.

Further to my heads up, I was also told that Nimrod might be grounded sooner, if the QCs report were to hit the streets. It would appear that not everyone agrees on the ALARP standard as it applies to Nimrod.

Last edited by nigegilb; 11th Mar 2009 at 11:10.