PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 10:16
Gogz87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Approach

Hi all,

I am currently revising for my stage 3 and I have a problem that I was looking for opinions on.

If a Cessna 172, Boeing 737 and a Boeing 747 were to be sequenced into a final approach, what order would you put them in?
I'm not too sure what order they should go in and what the ATCO will be looking for at the interview. There are two ways I was thinking about.

1) 1st. Cessna 172(followed by a gap of three miles), 2nd. Boeing 737 (followed by a gap of three miles), 3rd. Boeing 747.

2) 1st. Boeing 747 (followed by a gap of five miles), 2nd. Boeing 737 (followed by a gap of four miles), 3rd. Cessna 172.

The problem with this is that I could argue a case for each method as they each have advantages but I was wondering what the correct way to do it is (i.e. The way the ATCO would ).

Number 1) is a good way because it gets all the aircraft into land in the shortest possible time. Whereas number 2) has it's advantages because it gets the larger aircraft in first because they are carrying the most passengers; so it promotes safety first.

If anyone knows the correct way please either post it on here or PM me.

Gordon