PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Do I Pay For Atpl!
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 09:44
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a couple more points:
  1. I've just re-read the entire thread. I think every single post on it from people that have the licence says some version of "save for a number of years as much as you can against whatever method of training you choose". It says something that on PPRuNe of all places you've got a general consensus. I'd STRONGLY heed that, if I were you....
  2. When I talked of education, I specifically mentioned a "degree in a profession". If you qualify as (say) an accountant A) you can make some very good money to help your ultimate goal B) It is just about the best fallback plan you could have. This will help you with borrowing anything you need to....
  3. When I mentioned training at 26/7 I should point out that I went through the integrated route, so naturally my thoughts instantly turn to how you'd do "That". If you choose to go modular, then it's absolutely correct that you could start your PPL, hours building, night rating etc long in advance of this....use this as a benchmark to start the "professional pilot" training parts.
That's it!
Good luck
P.S. I know at 16, 45 years old seems a lifetime away, but believe me, life has a nasty habit of speeding up! It ain't that far away, at all!