PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Grounded
Thread: Nimrod Grounded
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 08:13
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry Nav Attacking, you are indeed entirely justified and correct in your moan and I stand suitably chastised! It is very boring - but this whole thing is caused by senior staffs, who are out of their depth, playing at RM rather than doing it!

All I will say is that, for the guys and gals trying to provide you guys and gals with the kit to do your job in relative safety, so you can provide the service to those you are tasked to look after/take out (depends on who they are that bit!), it is very frustrating. This is down to senior staff who demand we use a given system, then (as DV says) don’t provide the resources (or even personal support) to get the job done properly. Then, and this is your point and mine, they seemingly arbitrarily remove a capability based on the fact that they are Senior Officers/Ministers who came up with a seemingly random date in the first place – nothing more scientific than that!

Your comment about anguish and pain (ie confusion) for the families is very relevant, and is generated, in the main, by the MoDs total inability at a Corporate level (I’m definitely not having a go at the RM “worker bees” here) to accurately and consistently explain and manage Safety (see para above for reasons why!). So, when Senior Officers are caught sweeping issues under the carpet they, as a result, totally over-react to protect their 6 o’clocks, spouting all sorts of Safety-related rubbish to “demonstrate” just how keen they are to protect people like you and all the others affected by your work! No wonder people are confused and worried! Muppetry is hard to hide – it tends to shine out!

Major Bloodknock was such an accurate character! Sums up so many AD’s and above. Many good guys up there – but, boy, are there some “politicians” up there too. And we all know what “politicians” are like! Thank heavens I'm out of it. Rant over!

H 'n' H

PS. Like the idea of an ALARP "playpen"! Think I will give it a miss tho as, you are right, it is boring!