PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas/AABO
Thread: Atlas/AABO
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 06:09
nitty-gritty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious thing is, "how many companies give you 4 months of notice before they cut you?" Past experience at other carriers that employed me was at best thirty days notice.

Makes me curious the ultimate agenda behind such notifications, especially noting past extended furlough notifications that didn't happen at Atlas.

On a second front. This may not be a time for Atlas management to start screwing with too many furloughs of US citizens when Atlas is exporting jobs to offshore crew leasing companies such as AABO. Such sub-companies that suffer no losses and only downgrades at best at a higher cost per crewmember comparatively to the same Atlas crewmembers under the same holding company. Could bite them in the posterior when trolling for government AMC contracts and such with the new US administration touting non-outsourcing of US jobs. Might be something for you guys to think about writing to your congressional reps about.

Lets hope our collective efforts under such will convince the company of their past wrongs on that front. Failing that, I'm sure there are alternatives allowed us if you think about it.