PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Post Secondary...
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 03:33
Travers114

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Post Secondary...

Hello,
I am currently in 11th year high school and was wondering what the best route after secondary school would be. I seem to be stumped at all of the sheets that are handed to me asking me what type of school I would like to attend and what I would like to study. The truth is, I have no idea what I would need or should do if I would like to become a commercial pilot. Would anyone be able to recommend any course of action for me to take? Currently, I'm thinking about BCIT, what with it being rather accessible for me, but I'm not sure if that's the road I wish to travel. Also, should I start working towards a ppl now, or would it be better to wait a while and obtain that through one of these courses? Very confused as of yet. Originally I was moving towards rotary aviation, but schools seem to be few and far between, pay seems a step lower than fixed wing and I have no idea what would be a good direction for post secondary. To keep things simple, I have come here to ask the fine individuals of PPRuNe for some guidance. My ultimate question is, plain and simple: "What do I need to do to fly helicopters for a living?" But any information/experience would be greatly appreciated.

-Travers H.