PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Long Marston Accident / 2 arrested on suspicion of murder
Old 10th Mar 2009, 23:18
holedriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonights TV shots suggest that the only damage to the gyro is to the pusher propeller. which makes the charge of murder even harder to understand. Did the pilot get up that day and think 'I will go out with my gyro and murder a hunt supporter'. Did he then persuade the supporter to leave the hunt and go to a private airfield? Did he subsequently compel the supporter to go out on the taxiway and run him down? Surely beyond the bounds of possibility, and premeditation.
If the pilot had just landed, he is unlikely to know who the man was from Adam. If a trespasser run up to or in front of the gyro surely any pilots reaction would be to try and avoid him?
The fact that the pusher propeller appears to have done the damage suggests that the gyro was stopped, and the hunt supporter somehow was hit by it. How could the pilot possibly have made that happen. Hence how can it possibly be murder. My money would be on an altercation resulting in him slipping. Sad outcome, yes, but murder, no way.