PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guernsey take off charge
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2009, 22:57
martello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guernsey take off charge

As you say belowradar "typical PPruners" - these forums are interesting to read but frequently answers contain all the logic of a before closing time discussion in the pub. In this case you started with such nonsense and responded to some decent pragmatic answers with personal responses - I would like to ask what is so abhorrent in a take off charge as opposed to a landing charge - after all take off is optional -
suppose it was custom and practice for all the years of GAflying to make charges for t/O as opposed to landing - where is the great principle? (forget the silly arguments about throwing change out of the window - we live in an economic world unique in history in its ability to remote pay) I'm trying to avoid being pragmatic as many common sense responders have been who say it is the total fee which counts (which is really the bottom line because I''d really like to understand why a take off fee is so iniquitous - do you simply think you're getting charged twice? in which case look at the total fee. final questions- is a take off charge which makes the total charge come to less than many other airfields so bad as to be worth denigrating a very good airfield? and where do you stand on mandatory handling fees ? do they rank lower in the iniquity scale? BTW I love your response 'my opinions are my opinions and everyone else can like it or lump it' (my paraphrase) but surely these forums are about listening to everyone,keeping an open mind and allowing yoursself to be persuaded rather than expecting everyone to fall in line behind your view. that's why I'd like to know why you think t/o fees are so evil
open to any good logic not personal comments