PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on switching Flying Schools
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2009, 21:40
JUST-local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With only 5 hours in the best part of a year its not really like changing schools!
You just need a flying school/club that is nearer or you need to be available when the weather is better!
I cannot speak for the weather in Welshpool (funny though only time I tried it was OVC !) It cannot be that bad if there is a flying school on site paying its bills.

There are really not that many days in a year which are unsuitable for PPL training, this is certainly true for the NW of England! I have cancelled very few lessons due to weather in the last 12 months and 2007 was even better.

I am unsure the USA or Spain is the answer, I have flown in both but most training was done here in the UK.
You need a lot of self motivation , determination and a lot of patience in all levels of flying training (even more so if you are in a strange place with little support, somtimes no support!) and 5 hours over this time scale is showing a total lack of these essential qualities.

Get motivated (I found the flying training rates good for this) and get on with it!!!