PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2009, 19:32
ATC Hopeful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations Monkfish.

I'm currently waiting to see if my application form is good enough to get me an interview. Has anyone ever failed on the basis of the application form? Also how long do they tend to take before they let you know, I'm rather impatient, they've only had 3 working days so far and I'm already worrying.
Last year I failed the personality questionnaire so I'm happy to have passed that this year. For anyone looking for advice on this my experience is that I passed when I told the truth. Last year I tried to be clever and put what I thought would get me through and was gutted when I failed, this year I was truthful on every question even though I felt at times like I was throwing away my chance of getting through. This leads me to think it's nothing but a lie detector test.
If I do get through to interviews I'm a bit worried that I'll struggle due to the fact that I don't really have much of an interest in aviation. I don't feel that this will make me any less likely to get through the training and do the job well than someone who loves aviation. I currently work for a car manufacturer there are plenty of very good employees who have no real interest in the cars they are just very good at their jobs. What are people's thoughts on this? I asked this to the ATC who was present at my stage 1 tests and she said you didn't need to be a plane spotter to get the job and that she'd never been particularly interested in aviation.
I'm planning on arranging a visit to a tower or area control centre but don't know whether it's worth trying to get this in before stage 2 interviews or if it's okay to wait and go if I pass stage 2. Do those who passed stage 2 think a visit would be beneficial beforehand?