PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Borders - Shaming
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2009, 19:16
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at which UK airport Capot's customer focussed skills made any difference to what was, I suspect in his days as an airport manager, HMI's staffing or service levels.
None; what did change was the attitude and behaviour of the (then) Customs & Excise staff towards our customers. Arrogant, studied rudeness turned into polite and considerate manners without diminishing their effectiveness in any way.

Going back to the start of the thread and the staffing levels at T4 UK Borders; another day, another dollar and there I was coming through T4 again last Friday, this time a bit later at around 2030 - 2100; terminal virtually deserted with just 3 arrivals on the baggage reclaim unit indicators.

Got to UK Borders ahead of the main group of passengers and went through more or less without stopping; one of the staff on duty detached himself from the group of at least 8 who were gossiping idly behind the desks to wave me through..

Funny old world, isn't it? Lots of arrivals; far too few Borders staff and queues 100m+ long. Very few arrivals; far too many Borders staff.

"Management" course, anyone?