PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2009, 17:47
Shaka Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WlitS,

to be fair you deserve a higher than average (nominal) salary and the post 97 payscales plus an increment will certainly achieve that for every single rank. You do add value to your role as Crew by being grown up/adults with attention for detail and the ability to engage with our customers. That is how you differentiate and make yourself eligible for premium pay selling a premium product.

In my view you should be aiming at grossly simplifying your organisation. IFCE is massively top heavy.
Just look at the amount of ''Managers'' are walking around. It beggars belief.
Transparency and no silo mentality, therefore reducing the oportunity for people to abuse the system.

Get a good hourly rate that will allow you to go wherever you want so your salary is not trip dependent but you have a basic income + a variable bit that is dependent on the amount of work you do.
Maybe push for a bidding system as an aside to your cost restructuring and get a great number of lifestyle issues sorted out.
Remove some of the archaic rulesets currently in place in case of disruption or short-haul turnaround scenario's. They have no place in this world.

The only problem is: Will your BASSA reps even engage in that argument since ''they'' have the most to lose together with their mates. The bed is made by them and they will try and sleep in it as long as they can. So it's up to you to seek change I think. (I have a feeling that it will be imposed on you if you don't take action, and that is my honest view)