PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks ...
Thread: Thanks ...
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2002, 11:51
Goondiwindi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizofoz

1. I'm not instructing people to hold off joining CX. IFALPA are telling.

2. How do you know that I'm not a young guy that's been fired within a few years of joining? Guys were fired from 2 - 22+ years seniority.

3. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. No one in HKAOA or IFALPA is threatening anyone. I think you'll find most of that comes from the company itself.

4. I would like my job back, you're right. Would you not if you'd been sacked without just cause? Or are you another one that believes "we must have deserved it"?

5. How do you know that I have not tried to get another job? I applied to 2 airlines within a week of being sacked (and others since) and have good reason to believe that they won't take me because CX have told other airlines not to take 49ers. Is that fair?

6. Underneath it all, I believe that this is a moral issue and if people wish to join now then they are probably beyond having the reasons behind the ban explained to them. However, once the HKAOA wins this dispute the airline will be a much better one to work for. It will be there for these guys in a few months. Have a bit of patience. If the cause is lost, then you'll all have a much better life and possibly even a career with a contract that means something more than the paper that it's written on if you join all these other airlines that you've mentioned.

7. The over-riding fact that makes me know that the Union is doing the right thing in this regard in particular is that I know the management don't like the ban.

Good luck to you all whichever way you jump.

I don't fancy your social life if you break the ban. And that's not a threat, it's a fact!