PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2009, 14:36
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meadowbank,

I admire yours and other efforts in trying to challenge JP in this manner but I am afraid it will be a very cold day in hell before you get him to give you a direct answer. You have asked him a very specific question with regards to a previous Chinook UFCM

"It happened, (is therefore de facto credible, so why do you dismiss it even as a 'possibility'? Please discuss."

In his reply he conveniently ignores your question and in almost politician style spins out a reply that itself is riddled with speculation.

A long while while back, post #2776 in Oct 07, he was asked to tell us what the flight deck crew could see out of the cockpit windows prior to the aircraft impacting the mull and his reply is thus, and I have highlighted the most telling parts

Brian. No, we do not know and we shall never know what the crew could see from the cockpit, but there are only two possibilities; one, they could see ahead to the coast and the cloud-covered hills, in which case it would have been prudent airmanship to turn away; or, two, they could not see clearly ahead, in which case it would have been prudent airmanship to have turned away.

Please say which version of their forward vision you prefer. Regards. JP

Probably the most vital piece of information with regards to this disaster is not available, and never will be yet JP is happy with the verdict given.

Now consider his assertion that there are only two possibilities, his choice of words then again how on earth can you arrive at the verdict in this case based on possibilities?

The only thing we all know for certain and that is that no one currently alive on this planet knows what actually happened that day and I challenge JP et al to prove that fact to be incorrect.
ONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'][IMG]file:///C:/Users/TRUSTM~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG][/font][FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']21st October 2007, 16:52 [/font]

[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'] #[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']2776[/font] (permalink) [/font]