PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - With experience, is Ryanair really that bad?
Old 10th Mar 2009, 13:12
Reluctant737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reluctant737

I can only talk from a female's point of view, but it's not a wonder you can't keep a girlfriend when you want to spend your time off doing what you do for a living.

Perhaps you should consider getting a life and leaving planes alone during your time off.

I wouldn't be impressed by a guy who wants to endulge himself in what he does for a living in his time off, what would you think of an accountant wanting to go to maths seminars over the weekend?

Flying is a job, but dont let it take over/run your life!

Good luck in the future with us girls, yeah right!
Heh, see what I mean...

I have a lot to offer the right person, but then again I've only seen girls involved with aviation... bit of an airhead I am!

zerotohero - I'm 100% with you on that one buddy, it doesn't get much better than lunch and walk along the sea front in L2K or Jersey! And flying can take you to so many romantic locations. One day, perhaps I'll meet somebody who appreciates what I love, and of course it's that mutual understanding that makes the sound foundations of a relationship.

Belive me MM, I've shared many happy times with people, but more often than not it was work that took us apart, not what I do on the side (rock climbing, ice skating, skiing/snowboarding, paragliding, taking my friends/family out to cool places.... and dare I say it... flying....)

And plus, I'm 20 years old - I'm not going to change for somebody else, life is there to enjoy, not to mess around worrying about relationships with other people who will probably fade away with time anyway. I've developed the art of self protection, and I feel fortunate to have experienced at my age what some may not know until their 40s, or indeed never...

Hey ho, it's all a learning experience