PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet
Thread: easyjet
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2009, 11:06
Homer_J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It appeared the simple question I asked a few days ago has sparked quite the debate.

The reason I asked was that i've never had any wish to do long haul, and so easyjet with all its pros and cons seemed quite a good idea. The reason I was asking about a direct entry command was a purely financial one. I'm not sure my mortgage, car loan and multiple holidays a year would appreciate the £10 - 20,000 pay cut. Six months fine, but a few years.

As for the turboprop/ jet thing.

I'd like to make a few points.

We're not talking about going from a Q400 to a 747.

I'd like to think Q400 is fairly beasty. Its got lots of fun things like fadec and efis(makes my mate(a 757 chap) rather jelous on the efis front.).

As for its performance. if i take off after a BA shuttle, there usually isn't much in it after 10-15 mins. Granted once he gets into the cruise, they leave us for dead, And granted the best I can look forward to is a coffee and a nutrigrain bar, while they've got there sausages and egg. But thats another matter entirly.

On the approach. And take note here. If I get to FL150, and I'm sat 10nm behind a jet. I WILL have to slow down so as not to catch the jet up. its very frustrating. ATC will pop us behind on the theory that there faster. But there not. Especially below FL100.

Anyway. I was just asking.

just a wee point. I think that if I went from my Q400 to a EBM 145(which is smaller and not much faster than the 400 at any point). i could then go to the LHs of a A319. Which seems bizzare.

See ya'll later