PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gordon Brown's utter disdain for the Armed Forces
Old 10th Mar 2009, 08:52
Maxibon

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts
Currently reading Tony Benn's diary 2001-2007; a fascinating read irrespective of your political bent. To quote:

"After 65 years in the Labour Party I was never a supporter of New Labour, which we were told was a new political party, but I worked hard to secure the defeat of the Conservatives in the elections of 1997, 2001 and 2005 and like many others I have been disappointed and worried by a dangerous cynicism about parliamentary government; a cynicism strengthened by the suspicion that Britain was bein managed and not represented and that voters could never be sure that they were being told the truth."

Unfortunately we've just allowed ourselves to swept along by this moronic government and upon reflection of 12 years of NL, its shocking how we've been continually cutback and manipulated. Especially us that serve. Our 'get on with it' attitude will continue to be abused as long as the COS of the respective services capitulate (I do not include Gen Dannat in that category). We need to rid the country of this filth at the next election but also keep an incredibly wary eye on their successors. History dictates that they are little better but our middle class (for the most part) leanings ally us more towards the C and therefore less inclined to be so critical.