PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is ASIC killing off GA PPL?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2009, 01:28
VH-XXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Daniels, not sure what you're up to here other than killing a good thread, however you have highlighted an important point in bold in your attempt to discredit me:

(d) the aeroplane is flown by the holder of a valid pilot licence (not being a student pilot licence):

You have an RA-Aus CERTIFICATE (note NOT a licence), therefore you are not entitled to fly into Controlled Airspace or GAAP without a PPL

If you wonder how I know this, please check and ask yourself if the following comments sound familiar to you:

- I was going to get my PPL so that I can fly into GAAPS airfields and into controlled air-space.
- I wanted to do the PPL in my own J160 but noone around here was prepared to use my perfectly modern, certified, factory-built RAA registered aircraft. They wanted me instead to pay $270.00 an hour to use their thirty year old vintage aircrafts to do my PPL.
-So I gave up wanting to get my GA license because of the new regulations coming into RAA that will allow us to do most things that GA already does.
-I was told it's most likely cheaper to get caught flying into controlled airspace and paying the fine than it is to get one's endorsement to fly in those areas.
- So many a times having to go to Brisbane or going through activated military airspace, or flying in controlled areas I just follow radio procedures, ring up beforehand, and put in a flight plan; and in so doing I have never been challenged or denied.
- When doing this, I always mention I am an RAA pilot and do not hold a PPL. The reply most times is that they are not interested in that fact.
- My point being unless one wants to do commercial flying, NVFR, IFR,or carry more than one passenger what is the point in spending the money to have a GA license. -
- Also even though I think rules and regulations are important, some would seem to be just downright stupid. A person should be certified to fly an AC whether it is VH or RAA registered is irrelevant. e.g. if a J160 is RAA registered, a person holding a PPL who has obtained their license in a VH registered J160 should be endorsed to fly that particular plane and visa versa.
- But what would I know? I have only been interested in aviation for thirty years.

This is a PROFESSIONAL Pilot's rumour network. Being interested in aviation for thirty years doesn't give you the right to break the rules and fly into CTA without qualification which you have openly admitted to.

I'll keep a close eye out my window next time I'm flying past WYEEMA.