PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hand Flying vs Automatics ?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 22:21
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This looks to me like Corfu. You still cannot see the runway at about 700' and a tight turn onto final at low altitude is required. I have watched that video several times. I have to say .......it looks normal to me. The runway aspect (when it is visible) does not change, despite alleged 'sink rate warnings'. Don't rely on the top of the window frame to assess bank angle- it slopes back sharply. I'm sorry, I think it was a normal bank angle, normal roll out onto final, normal flare and landing. I can tell when it's out of order- I'ver been flying 737s for 10 years. That looks right.

I ask you- listen when the alleged warnings are going off- the background air noise decreases to less than half when the warnings have been added, then comes on strong again.

You've been 'you tubed' by some mindless idiot with movie editing software and a sound file of cockpit warnings. It's nonsense. Flight recorders record this stuff- do you really think pilots allowed to fly in European airspace would ignore warnings like that? Why do you think they are apparently so unconcerned? Because they can't hear the warnings- they are not there- added later!