PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - With experience, is Ryanair really that bad?
Old 9th Mar 2009, 22:14
Reluctant737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerobat, that damn thing had me for exceeding bank angle within my first week on the line! Nothing came of it, but had a slap on the wrist...

I was still used to flying that 172 into Swansea making 'unofficial' GPS approaches to 'uncontrolled' airports! Some nifty maneuvering required sometimes!

And RED WINGS, kindly refrain from making a judgment on me until you've found out more relevant details. By that I mean, mine and my colleagues' monthly/hourly limitations are under IAA rules only. I think you'd find pilots in the UK (and indeed most corners of the Earth) flying hundreds of hours on top of their flying at work.

Is non-declaration of hours frowned upon? Yes. Is it safe? Yes, even more so. Does it happen? Yes.

And for the record, I follow SOPs biblically when I'm at work - out of work, it's up to me to determine what's safe and what's not. And I know that after a day or two off, I am very capable of taking a light aeroplane up into a sunny morning, loaded with a couple of friends to have lunch somewhere. Old Buckenham rings some loud bells when I mention food! Hmm, perhaps I'd better get that aeroplane sooner...

Ad