PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hand Flying vs Automatics ?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 21:16
rmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rainboe,

Judging by the youtube title it certainly wasn't posted there in outrage, more like in awe !

I also didn't post it here in outrage, more for an opinion, happy to hand fly that type of approach in my Crusader, just wondered if it was advocated for the professionals flying heavier tin. Also have in the back of the mind a question about whether this might be a "customer friendly" manoeuvre if the aircraft was full of pax, or might it have been empty on a positioning flight ?

Your feedback on the sound is appreciated, but I can't see a clear motive for adding it, but OK, assume it was, how do you professionals feel about the visuals either with or without pax, especially given recent discussions on the subject.

Regarding the earlier comment that this was Corfu, we had an Air Slovakia 737 parked outside our hangar the summer before last with fist sized holes in the tail end of the fuselage from over flaring a hot arrival in Corfu, which the crew chose to ignore and flew the aircraft, full of pax, back to Stefanik rather than admit that they screwed up, writing up the accident as happening on arrival at Stefanik. Unfortunately for them there were too many witnesses in Corfu to get away with it.

Thanks

Rmac