PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you get a job with crap eyes
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2002, 07:12
DH98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the replies so far everybody.

I have been watching with interest the PRK/LASIK over the last 7 years,and am still not convinced. Additionally the minimum starting point for acceptable surgery is still higher than my prescription.

I regard this venture as a business proposition, a risky venture that could result with industrial strength egg on my face if it all goes wrong. Even though my better half supports me in this, I still have grave doubts about the long term viablity of entering into a troubled industry at the abbo stage at the ageof 40 carrying a significant handicap.

I know it sounds churlish, but youngsters still at school can easily advise you to chase the dream, they have very few if any responsibilities, I on the other hand have all the handicaps of a man in his late thirties, except snappers. I am not unwilling to jeopardise my house and future on a silly venture if, after spending all my savings I find I am in fact unemployable; most probably in my case through not having right to work or residency, as WILL be the case vis an FAA cpl. However does anybody know what the requirements are for a Kenyan class 1, I know the SA requirements are virtually identical to the JAA model for example, so I am wondering if Kenya is the same.

Keep posting everybody as I am sure there are plenty out there who would be interested of this gen themselves for similar reasons.