PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 17:49
buzz&sntch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest I've heard is maybe June for bringing folks out of the pool as a/c deliveries continue. If your swimming, good news is that you'll probably go to the 777. I was hired into the other EK (bus side) and will probably vacate after just 6 months with the company. The company is overall good. There are people that love Dubai, and then there are people like myself. I wont be one that complains about a company (or pilot base)and not do anything about it. Dubai just isn't my cup of tea. EK is just another airline as far as work goes though, same good and same bad that you'll find in any other airline. Even with the higher starting pay, it just isn't high enough to counter the other factors. Call me insane in this environment, but life is just way too short to not seek hapiness. Maybe if enough like me go, we'll free up some spots for you that wait. My best wishes for you to find the hapiness I could not. EK will post a profit year ending March 09, and with the quality of flight/cabin crews they do have, I have no doubt they can do that even in this economy.