PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headache with headset and sunglasses
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 17:25
jez d

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
99jolegg

Stick with the Serengetis - they are absolutely the last word in sunnies, IMHO. The tint on the lenses of trendy Raybans and the like are added on after the lens has been made. Serengeti's lenses, on the other hand, are tinted as they're made, which provides an altogether superior result. I've used all sorts in the past and nothing has got close to the quality of the Serengetis.

rich g85

I'd be careful about the Sennhesier HME95. It's a nice headset but the passive noise attenuation is pretty low - it's designed for quiet cockpits, not noisy spamcans, so depending on what type you fly you may want to consider headsets with better passive noise attenuation capabilities.

Both of you

If you're getting headaches after a short period of time then it's likely that the headset you're wearing is not right for the shape of your heads. Try the David Clark 'Stop Gap' cushions by all means (although these don't work on ANR headsets which require a complete seal round the ear), but you'll probably be better off visiting a pilot shop and trying on a few different headset styles. Some pilot shops (AFE at Oxford airport springs to mind), let you trial them on a local flight if you've flown in to visit them.

For my head, the David Clark 13.4 is the most comfortable passive headset, and the Lightspeed Zulu the most comfortable ANR headset - but everyone is different.

Cheers

jez