PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air Employment - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 9th Mar 2009, 16:17
Scube3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737 Captain
3550 RO plus 575 RO for housing plus and average of 300 RO allowance.

1RO= $2.6

These numbers are not exact but pretty close.

ATR.

It seems that they are only hiring F.O's. They fill all their captain slots. Not sure about the pay.

Also to be an F.O. for the 737 you need 750 hours on type but it can change any time depending on demand. You need NG time but I don't know how much.

The English and American schools are expensive here. Even though the company pays 75% of the school, you still have to pay another 200RO extra per month (estimate) per child. The schools seem to be top of the line from what I heard.

The company also gives you health insurance, lost of medical insurance (new), bonus when leaving company, 42 days of vacations a year, one airline ticket for you and the rest of your family to your country of origin, agreements with many airlines to fly, 4000RO in furniture money* and provide dry cleaning to uniforms. I might forgot something in any case feel free to add...

*Furniture money is giving as a 5 year loan. If your stay in the company for 5 years the furniture is yours. If not for every year you have been discount 20% of the total.

Muscat for being a place in the middle east, is not so bad. I could say is a pleasant place to live but you have to understand that this is the middle east and the culture here is very different from other countries. People are nice and the city has a good geographical location.

Scube.

Last edited by Scube3; 9th Mar 2009 at 16:37.