PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 15:31
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Caz for an ex FSO you have, if you don't mind me saying so, a worrying tendency to take supposition as reliable proof. SFFP has challenged your:
When they took off on that fatal sortie none of the crew had partaken of a meal (as opposed to the odd chocolate biscuit) for at least 10 hours and in the case of the Captain some 22 hours."
and your reply is:
I was merely quoting the BOI regarding catering. They concluded that the crew would have eaten only a few biscuits during the first sortie. There was no record of Flt Lt Tapper having breakfast and no crew meals were ordered for either sortie.
I presume the
Thus, when they departed on that final sortie, the Co pilot and ALM's had not had a meal for some 10 hours and the Captain for some 22 hours.
is your ever helpful personal inference that absence of evidence means evidence of absence. Really won't do, just as your mantra of flying at high speed.....won't either. The only high speed evidence is that at impact AFAIK, or do you as ever have 'proof' (other than your ingenious supposition that Crew Duty Time worries meant that it had to be thus...)?