PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 14:39
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
TSM, thanks for your reply and I can only tell you as much as I have to date and as has been said the chances someone who is 'more in the know' could come and say the opposite. As much as I may agree with your comments, I do not think the changes at the top are likely, unless they go voluntarily, also I do not think that the club can influence those sort of changes but hope to be bigger part of the running of the 'operation'.

I will try to give my understanding of the pledge requirements. A financial plan/pie chart was produced for the 2009 operation of XH558, based on last years expenses and income, this left a shortfall of £850,000 to allow the project to operate throughout 2009, so as it is historical that approx 20% of pledgers do not honour their pledges, it was decided to make the target 1 mil. yes I know that it got a bit confused and different figures got released from different media outlets and with the forum to a certain extent, but it was allways aspirational to gain the higher figure.

If the pledge amounts are forthcoming within the next month and we get £850, 00 worth in then that will be enough to operate 558. Contingency money and build up a surplus to hopefully stop them rushing out at the end off this year will come from the club initiatives that I have tried to explain elsewhere. I think the message has got through that this historical approach to a crisis will never work again, so if they are serious they are going to have to implement the changes.

But be under no illusion if pledges are not honoured all the efforts will be wasted, that is unless a big sponsor does suddenly turn up (I know, I know, not likely).

Again someone will no doubt come along and say I have got it all wrong, but I am trying to keep the promise that we will keep other forums up to date as best we can, unlike in the past, but the bottom line is it is only my interpretation of what is on the VTSC forum/Web Site.

Just to say that the pledges are now over 1 mil

Last edited by Exrigger; 9th Mar 2009 at 18:50. Reason: Added a bit of news