PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 12:41
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Caz

Regardless of whether what you say is right or wrong (and I am in no position to say), apologies if any aircrew were offended.

However, I think most aircrew here can differentiate between those interested in their safety, and those dedicated to steering any discussion away from the inconvenient fact that MoD don't give a damn, and have lied and deceived at every turn.

John

In reply to your question, you know I've already said I can't answer your question for certain, but can offer an educated opinion based on available evidence. For the purposes of this thread, the aircraft was clearly not airworthy at the time of the accident. However, I do know what questions to ask, which is always a good start. Again, it is crystal clear who doesn't like them being asked.

I think if you wrote to SofS and asked "Is xxx currently airworthy?", the answer would be the usual "The MoD has a robust regulatory framework". In other words, we have some mandated regulations and a legal duty of care, but we don't bother applying them in full, a God help any of our staff who insist on doing so.