PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet
Thread: easyjet
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 10:33
Flyit Pointit Sortit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSF,

I respect your opinions and admittedly, I have never flown turboprops, However, for the first time ever, I tend to disagree with you. I have friends who started off in flying on the Shorts 360, an unpressurised aircraft with no autopilot. They spent their formative years unable to climb above the weather, hand flying every other sector. They never had any problems with transitioning to jets, In fact, I could argue that someone with 3000 hours doing this type of flying would have significantly more experience than someone with 3000 hours in one of our own aircraft, largely spent on autopilot. Granted energy managment is a whole different ball game, but that should be nothing that anyone who can do their three times table cannot deal with.

In reverse, I could certainly not go from my LHS A319 to the LHS of a turboprop - too many levers for one thing. Besides, the A319 must be easy - Even Clara managed to pass a line check ( Allegedly!!)

However, back to thread please (guilty as charged -I know) I cannot see this pairing optimiser working. I think our trainers are going to be very busy this summer!!! Here's hoping!

FPS