PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA not renewing 70% Expat Contracts
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 09:54
cpt777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like the ride is gonna get lot more turbulent than expected. Coupled with the doom's day mentality of HR, I think the idea of staying above water (by having smaller amount of nett profit) is NOT good enough for the company. Every effort has been directed to maintain the company share value, in the potential rebound when the investors will eventually be looking for places to park their greens.
Let's hope that expats are ready for this, and Mach Number, you're absolutely right, couple of my mates have also just started their resignation processes. We are in the group of slightly more fortunate than some, that we loners are not in need of paying big mortgage or bills and will scrap through the whole crisis somehow. In view of that, we are pretty much happy to pick up other options of having more time to our hobbies than sticking around and be of burden to the company. (Well for the aussie based guys obviously we ain't got a choice anyway.)

P.S : Chambudzi, thanks for the kind words, life was a bit busier past couple of weeks for me to even get on the net.