PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 08:05
jumbolloyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Paladini, you don't know who I am nor anyone has anyone ever had to pull my weight around, I've always had to do that myself. As for early command, how do you measure that, how early is early, I suppose after 38 years in aviation I still got my command early it seems I wonder when I will ever qualify then.

Who do you think I was refering to when I said that "they" didn't know how good they have it. Well I though I was refering to the Triple "F"s, maybe you were on drugs, by the way I thought FFF stood for "Flying, Fishing, and F**king", and its the last item that they are doing everywhere they go and thats what they are doing to their own company.

AAI has to have the FFF's, there is no doubt in my mind that the Ice Gov and the ICAA won't let AAI operate without their own countrymen in their own company. Helgi and Hannes' hands are tied, they have to work with the bloody minded unions they have up there, they have seige and little nation mentality, its as if they feel everyone outside their circle is out to get them.

Imagine Lufthansa with no Germans flying for it or B.A. with no Brits, the reason you got 6/2 or FBC is because it suited AAI, but the FFF force issues that don't make sense, like their 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off, oh can't fly when I get to KUL because the poor FFF is jet lagged so another 3 days off, then have to be back on the icerock on the certain day so have to leave KUL 3 or so days early, so how productive is that, really its 2 weeks on 4 weeks off with Business Class travel I believe, nice work if you can get it.

Meanwhile we have Malaysians pilots and F/E's who have homes in KUL would cost the company zip and no travel expences or Saujana extravaganzas, but noooo, cant have that, so as I say, what can a contractor do.

Thus I said, as contractors we have no choice, you sign the document and there you have it for better or worse, so I was very appreciative when they gave me a type rating and then an upgrade, that was never part of my contract, so I got something I never though I would get.

With all that, I think I will go and find my rock and crawl back under it.