Thread: Dubai / UAE
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2009, 23:40
Jat Jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Out for a while

I think it is enough!!!!!
Code:

I sympathise with those not considered for jobs here due to the country they are from. It of course wouldn't happen with big companies like NATS or the FAA... oh hang on my license isn't recognised there so I can't get a job with them.
In FAA/NATS they do not recognise or give opportunity to any foreign national. But the problem with ME is that the opportunities are given to controllers from few selected countries;;; unfortunately by the persons who are from these countries and are in decision making postions. Personally I would not prefer to go to ME . But I certainly wish this monopoly is done away with.
As I said not there fault but to say that the Malaysian experiment was anything other than a complete disaster (that put a lot of OJTIs licenses on the line for no good reason (not to mention the safety of the flying public)) is taking the mickey big time
I think it is unfair to quote case of Malaysian controllers; I know there will be numerous examples of controllers from the selcted countries;;; not reaching the standard. Controllers are good or bad independent of where they come from. I know if you come and handle traffic in India ( I am sure that time will also come) ; you will also struggle to meet the Standard or QRs.
My understanding was that the training section management at the time did not want this experiment to happen but if they protested too much it would be taken as expats just protecting their own fat pay packets, so instead they had to let nature run it's course (which it did).
It is a clear case of internal/international politics;;; you wanted to prove yourselves right.
Code:

Hei mate, I guess you'd better focus on the experiment from the East, down @ your ACC, as you don't have any idea wats gonna happen up the road, next door!
Already a sense of insecurity.

worlds best ATCO's don't have a clue what cricket is!
In cricket it takes only one ball to get world's greatest batsman out;; Likewise in ATC it takes only one lapse of concentration to lose your license, however good you have been in your whole career. There are no best/worst controllers; it is an art by which you apply ICAO standards. These standard are same everywhere i.e. 3 or 5 miles in radar are same everywhere. All controllers share same passion and pride in their work.

CHEERS AND GOOD LUCK

Last edited by Jat Jet; 9th Mar 2009 at 00:05.