PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - With experience, is Ryanair really that bad?
Old 8th Mar 2009, 22:41
Busbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine Skier,

You made your point but you are a distraction to the thread. Kindly post elsewhere, this is a thread about working for Ryanair, not about Spelling & Grammar.

I am an ex Ryanair man myself. I enjoyed my time working there. Why? Because it was my first job, I was young, I enjoyed working with some great people, the roster was good, the money was good and I had a good base.

Why did I leave? Because I realised that I wanted to do different things in my career. I still have 38 years left of flying! I guess I was curious to see what other operators and aircraft were like. I joined a UK airline on the Airbus and really enjoy it. Do I miss leaving Ryanair? No, but I do think their rostering system is one of the best (if your not on a floating base contract). Your home every night and I was based where I wanted to be so I was happy. There will always be pros and cons everywhere you go to. I do not agree with some of Ryanair's practices, but their SOP's and Training is some of the best I have seen.

There is a lot of information on this website about them, I think you have enough here to make your own mind up. I also think Reluctant737's posts are very balanced and very true.

Good Luck