PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2009, 21:52
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I was going to try and explain, but I am not within the inner circle who have to agree and impelement the changes needed to provide a stable business model.
I think the ideas include increasing the membership,increase the income from the existing standing order scheme, the Fixed Flying Fund draw, fund raising schemes that will be introduced over the year,rather than panick mode when desperate and hopefully continue to get more business sponsoring with smaller amounts instead of awaiting the dream deal of a single sponsor, which would still be the ideal to definately secure the next few years, and last but not least the education element that has derfinately been a joke and is what the HLF money was given on the back of.

Another idea that has been suggested is going back to the HLF and asking for capital to move 558 to an airfield that is more suitable for operating from and is accessible to the public etc as part off the education push.

Sorry to waffle on, but this is just my take on what has been discussed over the last couple of months.

I know it won't satisfy some and that is fair enough, but as I have said the club, and hopefully now the trust, has started to wake up and smell the coffee, but as also said only time will tell.