PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guernsey take off charge
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2009, 21:01
Islander2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it that the island you live on is Guernsey then ?
I take it that you have an agenda here that has zero to do with airport charges! It couldn't be that you got a slapped wrist for some indiscretion, could it?

Ludicrously, you have a picked an airport that has dramatically lower charges than virtually all of its equivalents throughout the British Isles ... to slag off for its charges! Sorry to be blunt, belowradar, but that makes you look ridiculous. I imagine you'll be in a camp of one on this argument.

If you get a substantially lower bill than you do from anywhere else equivalent (or, for that matter, almost anywhere else regardless of their lesser facilities), why on earth would you care how the bill is itemized?

But, of course, you're being economical with the actuality, aren't you? The cash receipt you get from the airport (as opposed to an optional handling agent such as Aiglle) has no such itemization. For an SEP where you've uplifted fuel, it merely shows a 'landing fee' of £10 (true this is actually comprised of landing and take-off components that are undisclosed on the receipt), together with a 'parking fee' which is zero for the first day and £6.20 per day thereafter. I'm eager to learn, as I am sure are many, many others on here, where we can go other than to unmanned grass strips in the middle of nowhere for cheaper than that. Do please rebut what you apparently consider to be an unwarranted attack on you by letting us know where those places are.

Your toys-out-the-pram assertion that you will instead head for Jersey or Alderney next time is laughable (although if you do, as bose-x has already observed, it will give you more to rant about on here since both of those airports also charge for take-off as well as landing). Come clean, belowradar, give us the real story.

Oh, and to set you straight, belowradar, whilst I'm a frequent visitor to Guernsey I'm not a resident nor have I any connection with the airport or any of the Island authorities.

Last edited by Islander2; 8th Mar 2009 at 21:29.