PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - With experience, is Ryanair really that bad?
Old 8th Mar 2009, 20:15
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your views definately have the 'ring' of your first 'career' job that you mention and that is normal.

But, at some point you have to stop thinking how lucky you are to be paid to do a job which you consider a hobby and a pleasure, because it is/was that very attitude that has allowed accountants to lower the industry's general T&C's.

They know how much you love your job and therefore they think they can slowly errode away at your benefits/perks/salary to either increase the profit or to reduce costs to perhaps meet targets and secure bonuses.

Either way, you are doing a job for which you should be awarded a salary and an overall package that reflects the level/cost we incur in training and the level of responsibility placed on you while doing your job.

I dont work for FR, but I do think it is a bit cheap not to allow the crew to drink coffee/bottled water/coke for free while on duty, you cant just pop out to the vending machine, and because its your job that puts you in that environment, they should keep you hydrated and comfortable.

So, when companies start making their employees pay for a coke, pay to charge their mobile, pay to use the toilet, you have to question the respect the company is showing towards you.

Do you blindly show respect and loyalty towards someone/thing who doesnt reciprocate those qualities towards you?

I think with age and experience your opinions may well change.

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying we should all constantly moan and be negative, but fair is fair...and if an employer is being fair then there is no reason to complain, but when they are not....then people will complain about the slightest of issues.