PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it time to be afraid????
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2009, 19:57
philbky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't always agree with our toxic friend but he's right on the money with this one.

Whilst only SLF I've been interested in airliners and airline ops for over 50 years, have studied safety and accidents in depth and have had the good fortune to spend many hours in the front office as well as work closely with many people involved in aviation safety.

I never had a problem flying, though I've been through a number of engine shut downs, severe turbulence (in airman's and meteorologist's terms - not layman's) and a couple of hydraulic problems and can easily sleep if the legroom is enough and the seat is comfortable.

It did take me 20 years to fly across the Atlantic on a twin - though part of that was an addiction to a particular "unsullied" British carrier.

There are problems today, especially in the US and Europe, with short, multiple sectors leading to fatigue due to intense workload rather than hours and there are airlines around the world who are questionable in their practices but they are few and far between.

Basically, the answer to the O P's original question is a resounding "NO".

Last edited by philbky; 8th Mar 2009 at 21:34.