PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - With experience, is Ryanair really that bad?
Old 8th Mar 2009, 18:51
Reluctant737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi South Coast,

Well, to me it seems there are a lot of hard feelings towards my airline's practices on this website, including employees of FR whom I probably fly with without realising it. That is a stark contrast to what I hear 'in the office', when the conversation takes on many levels - discussions about EASA, about our invidivual lives, how we got into flying, what mountains are over there are their specific microclimates, old stories of holidays and experiences we had where we're flying, stuff like that. But hardly ever any hard words against the company.

Is it perhaps because up there in the aeroplane on the small stretch across the Bay of Biscay, life is sunny and near perfect? And when we get home, we begin to realise what (or rather who) we're working for and it's not so great after all? Or are we simply scared that somehow, the CVR is being watched and any words 'out of line' will result in... 'action'?

Sometimes I don't understand it. It almost seems that there are two different worlds of pilots; the real pilots, and the PPRuNe pilots.

Thanks