PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei - Night of the long knifes
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2002, 17:37
Ttree Ttrimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are a range of personalities in the guys that were laid off (not including AM). One was nearing retirement and would have dearly loved to have been able to celebrate his last flight after many years in the business, another who has several businesses to fall back on, another that has age on his side and the last who has plenty of experience to fall back on. It is not usual for a pilot to show stress in any situation, as an average sim session will surely indicate, no matter what the circumstances.

Time may heal all wounds, but from my communication with the guys involved there seems to be a feeling of getting out while the going is good. It may not be for very much longer. I think this may have more to do with the lack of visible or perceived stress.

It is sad to see a young, dedicated very pleasant and capable pilot such as AM be shown the door. I wish him well in his recovery and subsequent job search.

As for me, I am just waiting for the outcome of DT's and GCU's contract before making a definitive move. Needless to say applications have been submitted. I am sure I am not the only one.