PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collision avoidance - Fast jets vs light aircraft
Old 7th Mar 2009, 17:35
TSR22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Just a quick update to let you know that I am still alive!

The photo shoot went well (although one of my photographer friends vomited, and vomited, and vomited, and vomited....) Had to get a straight in approach when we arrived back. Opened all of the windows etc - it was unpleasant!!! I think that she had been looking through the viewfinder for the entire shoot as we circled, circled, circled......! Not suprising then that it resulted in that!

The suprise photo isn't a suprise anymore... My friend was standing there waving in his garden - he has a scanner and heard me call in...!

Just to calm down any further flaming: I didn't descend below 1000ft and never intended to (that was quite low enough for my liking and the pics don't get any better lower down - there would be no point in taking them from an aeroplane!!) and ATC were kept fully informed before and after (during the climbout) - I was transponding and they had full primary radar coverage so it was safe.

I do hope that the civvie pilot bashing thing is only a minority - most of us do take safety very seriously, not wanting to hurt or inconvenience anyone. As for fast jets using the airspace - I fully support the excellent job that they do. I'm well aware of previous incidents and that is why I asked the question - it is nice to know what you are dealing with!! I only wish that I was lucky enough to be able to drive those nice shiny jets!!

Again - thanks for the comments both good and bad!!!!

P.S. 1000ft always feels very low - so 250ft - you gotta be kidding!!!!!!