PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Flight Instructor Pay
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2009, 14:20
fluffy5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, it is terrible pay. In the uk market the pay has not changed for the last 10 to 15 years, 40 to 50 pounds an hour. some get a retainer. but the company will see a way in making a ceiling for you, average monthly pay in the summer for a free lance will any where between 2000-3000 quid. yet in the winter periods can go down to 1000 quid a month. Corporate has gone tits up in the uk, so alot of pilots will not be able to supplement there income doing charter.
I'm even in a more awfull position, just about to get a wage increase which will put me more 75,000 sterling a year, TAX FREE. Oh hang on, better say it again for any people working in the UK "TAX FREE"
Feel tired, overworked, fatigued that I have to get up from my large villa, travel to work my 5 minute drive, do the awfull part of flying for a few hours, done my 6 hours duty if I'm on afternoon's, S.E vfr training. Finish then have the most terrible time round the golf course, cold beer and then back home for a swim in the pool.

If only I could go back to free lance instruction back in the UK, of being stiffed by a few cowboy companies and then by the tax man.
Life can be so cruel.