PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hello from a (hopefully) Smart Ten Year Old
Old 7th Mar 2009, 13:25
m04scott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Good for you Josh and as has been mentioned before being brave to post on here. And what a post it was.

I remember when I was a kid I was always down the airport with my Dad watching and trying to take as much is as my little mind would. I fly a lot out of Shoreham now and iv noticed the lack of the younger people being around watching, learning, which I think is a great shame, I think I had more frineds at the airport then I did at school. I guess things change.

I know Fltsim is not looked on here to well but I would just like to say how useful I found it, not for the flying as such, but more so for my RT when I was doing my PPL. I am not the most convenient of people and my RT was poor to say the least, but after signing up to a well know network and joined a VFR club all for free I should add, my RT improved no end. I went from only just being able to get taxi clearance to now being able to fly, and do the RT most my way round Europe, properly for most of you guys here that is nothing but has been a great achievement for me. I am now one sitting away form passing my ATPL ground exams and hope to start my CPL/IR in June. I not sure if its a good idea or not but I was thinking about using FS for some of the IR work, Practicing holds and procedures etc...?

I am not going to get into the whole Fltsim thing as I know what will follow, but it did me no harm and was free and helped a lot.

Im sure if you "Google" "VFR club flight sim" you will find it

Good luck Josh.

M

Last edited by m04scott; 8th Mar 2009 at 15:41.