PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collision avoidance - Fast jets vs light aircraft
Old 7th Mar 2009, 11:13
Monty77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jackonocko.

You're obviously carrying around a lot of anger. I wasn't referring to the Carno accident, so please don't try and portray me as someone who would defend the actions of the Cessna pilot in that instant. Inferring (incorrectly) what you did, combined with your general aggressive posts says more about you than me.

I was actually referring to an incident in the mid to late nineties when a Tucano found itself in the middle of a Harrier formation, one of whom departed controlled flight without any collision, trying to avoid the Tucano (who hadn't seen him/them). Can't remember the exact date or location, and can't be bothered to look for your benefit. And do you know what? I might not have the facts straight, but the point that FJ have the same onus of lookout as everyone else remains.I also stand to be corrected, but it sounds like you don't.

Nobody is saying it's clever to float about in a light aircraft at low level, solo, with a hand held camera. So do not come on here inferring that I do.

If you want to ban all light aircraft from transit in certain low level bands then crack on and lobby the CAA.

Good luck.