PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian Pilot fined for Shop Theft in Singapore
Old 7th Mar 2009, 05:29
saperaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
otherside of story

research on shop-lifting is going on in many countries.

Pilot treatment program for shoplifting in eating disorders.

Birmingham CL, Hlynsky J, Russell B, Gritzner S.
Eating Disorder Program, St Paul's Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. [email protected]
OBJECTIVE: There are no established treatment programs for shoplifting in eating disorder patients. Our objective was to observe the effect of an established behavioural treatment program in a series of eating disorder patients. METHODS: Patients with eating disorders who shoplift voluntarily took part in an 8-week behavioral treatment program at the Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver, British Columbia. They completed assessments at the first session, last session, and at 1 and 6 months post intervention. RESULTS: Six patients enrolled in the study and three patients completed the treatment program. Only one patient reported a decrease in shoplifting frequency. All subjects reported an increase in self-esteem and ability to control shoplifting impulses. DISCUSSION: Our findings suggest that behavioral therapy may be effective in treating shoplifting in eating disorders, but that longer sessions and follow-up may be necessary to show benefit. A randomized control trial with longer-term follow-up is needed to determine whether there is a benefit.

well looking at this i can say body gaurd of Mugabe"s wife and this guy @ mustafa had the same fishy thing @ mustafa restourent and got the urge

when i flew first time to singapore i was briefed by captain
if you want to buy perfume buy from duty free shop,
perfume from mustafa is same as one available in chennai for 100 Rs.