PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2009, 22:02
bubblesuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the projected income there is a sponsorship from VTSE of £250K.

if they are really skint as you say then that means another shortfall of another £250K.

so it looks to me like this.

1.8 Million needed.

1 million raised so far.

250K expected from airshow appearances.

leaving still a shortfall of £550K for the year.

just observations.

Geoff

The figures have been a little confusing to say the least, but heres how it goes, the amount needed was £1.6 millon, they had already identified a couple of hundred thousand leaving a shortfall of £850k, the pledge campaign had a target of £1m because on average 20% of pledges are not honard so the extra £150k is a safety net if you like so even though I'm only using approximate figures it does balance out.

Hurn, while I agree with you comment:

Quote:
Yes, if enough people honour their pledges then we'll get a flying Vulcan this year.
That has to be tempered with the fact that if Aerobytes and Judd Power had not donated one months finances, then the project would not have continued past today. Also if the pledged money is not forthcoming within that month it is my understanding that 558 could still be grounded.

Don't panic!!

It isn't quite so drastic as that, while it is correct that had Aerobytes and Judd not injected the cash the project would have folded the Cash will enable the wages for the coming month to be paid and allow the pledges to be called in giving them a cash flow for the coming months, the money pledged is to cover her for the year it wont all be needed in the first month things are a hell of a lot better than they were a week ago.