PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PHI Crash in Louisiana Jan 2009 - 8 Dead, 1 Injured
Old 6th Mar 2009, 22:02
rotorbrent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tottigol,

I flew over 600 hours in S-76's last year mostly in C++'s how much did you fly.

Looking at the FAA certified limitations sections of my flight manual.

Oh wow look no mentions of any Airspeed limitaions for any installed windshield. Sorta hard to "not abide" to a airspeed limitations if there is no Flight manual Limitation on airspeed.

I guess 98% of all helicopters and 95% of all airplanes should be grounded according to you since they has plastic windshields as well.

How much S-76 time did you do last year? ......thats what I thought

The common Red Tailed Hawk can weight up to 4lbs. which is far beyond that of what any standard for the S-76 with any installed windshield just look outside when flying you can see hitting one of those bad boys or larger pelicans and or eagles is not going to be a good day.

you hit a 4 lbs redtailed hawk at 140 knots in any aircraft its gonna leave a mark.

It was sobering circling overhead N748P waiting for the Coast Guard to arrive.

6 months of being parked and flying next to N748P Shell 2 is over, they will be missed. Knowing it was a bird strike that started their demise is information to consider , the official report will be out when it is done. Until then.

I can chose to launch into the sky with the best training and equipment known to date and do something productive with the skills and knowledge I have gathered ,from those who have gone before me. For I am a helicopter pilot.

Or I can be a cowardiace arm chair aviation expert posting streams of meanless retoric or post on the internet as a has been or a "used to fly".

I am launching as safely as I can and I will wait on the report from the real professionals in the field of accident investigation. There were whiney babies before the crash and there will be whiney babies when the report is released.

Whine on,