PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hijacked MAS flight MH 653 on 4th December 1977
Old 6th Mar 2009, 18:46
Sky Dancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well,well,well it looks like things have quitened down a bit on the topic after the threat of legal action by our friends in Singapore.Like I'd mentinoed earlier comrades , there really is no room for any sort of legal action.Even if there is , it will come under the media glare and eventually the Malaysian government will have to face some tough questions.If it comes to that , then the process of justice for the souls lost and the families wronged will begin.It's funny life does come full circle all the time.But digressing a bit, Capt.G has come under a lot of bashing on this forum and I would like to share a little story I came across some time ago about him while he was in Jet.This is regarding the public apology episode. When RAT and G were there during the early years of Jet the standards of flying were quite well maintained and a few crew did have problems getting through various checks.(Not that these guys were TREs).A rich and powerful kid couldn't make it through a check and G was under pressure to clear the kid.Rumour is that G was kind of fixed in this harrasment case and finally decided to quit.I don't know G but have heard of him.I believe RAT tried to help him out but couldn't do much.Now this is not the real story but one of the versions I picked up at a bar some years ago.Looking back there may some credence to it if you look at the number of VPs Jet has had since 2000 and also the number of accidents/incidents...now we got something more to keep this thread alive