PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA to Canadian CPL
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2009, 15:23
sapperkenno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While waiting for the medical (unlike the FAA medical, TC mails your medical to you) get your FAA license verified.
Do I need the "5802-" number in order to send the license verification form off? -It says I do on the form...

I had my class 1 medical on monday here in Arizona, and am planning an initial trip up to B.C at the end of this month. I doubt I'll get everything sorted before then, but my plan is to return to AZ to do a multi-engine Commercial with Instrument, then go back to Canada and look for work as a flight instructor (and complete all the conversions/flight instructor rating).

I hold FAA CFI/II certificates, and have been told that as there is no simple conversion agreement for these, a couple of flights and a good look at the regs etc to get me up to speed will allow me to be signed off (by a Class 1) for the TC flight instructor test. Has anyone done this before?!

I'm a British citizen and don't have a green card to work here in the US (and no reasonable options to make this happen anytime soon), so Canada seems the better option for now. I got lucky that I have a ready and willing flight school here in the US who would happily hire me, but the immigration thing isn't working out. I don't expect an easy ride in Canada (ie, turn up and get a job) or know much about the industry up there, and certainly don't wanna be stepping on anyone's toes... Is there instructing work available (for a rookie limey instructor with only 350hrs TT, and no "dual-given") in and around BC?

Does anyone happen to know: If I initially convert my single-engine FAA Commercial/Instrument to Transport Canada, then later get an FAA multi-engine Commercial/Instrument... do I need to do the whole process again, or will they automatically add multi to my Canadian license??

Thanks and regards,
Lewis