PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My SAUDIA exhilarating experience....
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2009, 14:03
Marbella Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working for Saudia

Hi Vien - I really hope you get it, as the other person said you sound perfect for the job. I worked for Saudia as FA many many years ago, and whilst its a very different life to live in such a devout Muslim country especially for a Westerner, it was one of the best experiences of my life, I got to live in Jeddah for a year, then moved to BKK, sadly the base is closed now I believe, and yes its hard in Jeddah - you have to share a bedroom, you have to be in at midnight, you cannot drive, you have to cover your hair when you are out, etc etc etc, I could go on, BUT its what you make of it, and I was so thrilled to become a FA, doing my dream job, be experiencing living in two such different countries from my own, and the friends I made then have become friends for life. I was offered GF at the same time, and I chose Saudia over them because of the opportunity to be based in so many different countries. I have gone on from that to work for other airlines, where yes the conditions were better, but I still dont regret a second of my time with Saudia. So go for it, and if you dont get Saudia, keep applying to the other airlines, you will get it in the end!